As I was going through boxes in the basement the other day, I found some preparedness papers that we colected in Minnesota. I thought this was an interesting one about a survival kit for your pocket.
Your container should be waterproof and small enough to fit in your pocket.
1. Emergency food, like boulion cubes or ration bar.
2. Matches waterproofed in wax or nail polish. Or just buy waterproof matches.
3. Fire starter made from tightly rolled paper soaked in paraffin.
4. Compass.
5. Whistle.
6. Small knife or one sided razor blade.
7. Nylon fishline, heavy.
8. Fishing lures that work in your area.
9. Wire, 5-10 ft. long, light and flexible for snares.
10. Adhesive tape, 1-inch wide in strips 12 inches long.
11. Pencil and paper for messages.
12. Aluminum Foil, heavy duty, two sheets 12 inches square to make drinking and cooking
utensils.
13. Tablets to purify water.
I have no idea how or why we received this. Maybe Dad got it when he was scoutmaster, and they were doing a lot of camping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very interesting and a great idea! Thanks mom!
Sounds like a good thing to have in an emergency.
I made some little kits like that in a small sandwich-sized tupperware container to tuck into my kids backpacks when we went hiking. It contained instructions on what to do if you are lost in the woods, and contained some duct tape, a Mylar space blanket, an energy bar, some bandaids, a lighter and a candle stub, a whistle, and could easily have fit several more of those little items in your list. Kinda similar to the "You Can Survive" Kit which is about the size of a tunafish can.
Post a Comment